67% of consumers use search engines to find more information about a product or service. Therefore, having a corporate blog integrated into your marketing strategy is a great way to increase visibility and attract visitors who search the web.
A blog post on a B2B company’s website gives you the opportunity to showcase your expertise in your field of work. It also allows you to highlight your business’s liveliness by conceptualizing its activity. This is why it is all the more important for your readers to sense that among your company’s values, open-mindedness is an essential .
Did you know that 89% of North American companies use blog posts as a marketing tactic? To stand out from the crowd, it is essential to know how to write a blog article in compliance with an editorial guideline.
Write to define a target audience
Attracting visitors to your website with a blog article is useful, but this is insufficient. You must reach the right clientele as well. The primary objective is to bring added value to the needs of web users. It is important to not only create interest, but also produce a sense of attachment, which will encourage them to come back to your site. This is why it is strongly recommended to define your audience with Personas. Personas are imaginary avatars belonging to similar groups. They share common buying behavior characteristics and interests. Your challenge is to identify their needs and make their lives easier by digging up the information they are looking for.
Once the portrait of the latter has been defined, it will be much easier to focus on a specific editorial axis which can be relevant to your readers. Once you’ve accomplished this step, you’ll be ready to start writing.
Stay equipped with the best SEO practices for effective article referencing
Here are 7 effective tips to write a blog article for your business and improve your search engine positioning while attracting visitors to your site.
- A catchy title: The title of your blog post is like the headline of a movie at the cinema. It’s what the user will see first. It should therefore stimulate the reader’s interest. It is recommended that it be composed of 7 or 8 words (maximum of 65 characters), as this length is the most successful. Don’t hesitate to place a keyword at the beginning of the title. This can be written in the form of a question. Note that people often search in browsers by asking questions. Finally, articles with numbers also give great results (ex: 3 best reasons why…10 tips for achieving success…). In order to respect the SEO standards, take into consideration that your title must be in H1 format. This is a heading tag that is used to indicate to search engine robots like Google what the titles and subtitles are. Never have more than one H1 tag per page!
- Flashy images: Blog posts with one or more images are 94% more viewed than those that don’t contain any. It is not up for debate, images are mandatory! The most important image is the one your reader will see first. Think about putting one that evokes an emotion, or one that illustrates the subject from a different angle in order to make it better understood. In addition, strive to be original and integrate text elements on your photos, such as tables or graphs. Once again, don’t forget to fill in the alt attribute of your images; otherwise they will not be referenced. Finally, you can embed video within your blog content. Statistically, it is proven that video generates greater engagement, although it is more expensive to implement.
- An awakening chapter: This element of the post, too often forgotten, is essential if you want the reader to continue and finish reading it. It is the first paragraph of the text. It should include some interesting and relevant facts about the content that will be covered in the entire post. Usually, it includes statistics or questions your prospect is asking himself. Keep it short, brief and straight to the point.
- Topic, tags and keywords: You can use tools such as Google Trends or Google Keyword Planner to find topics and keywords that are topical, i.e., that are searched for by many Internet users. Don’t forget that these keywords must be consistent with what your Personas are looking for in terms of information. Your text must be divided chronologically. There can be several H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6 tags as long as the text is well structured and the reader can easily fetch out the information.
A company blog is widely used today and offers a number of benefits that enable a vast majority of companies to grow and develop their operations. It is an essential tool to maintaining a relationship with your audience. Blog posts for B2B has several advantages such as;
- Demonstrating your savvyness;
- Describing yourself as an opinion leader in your business field;
- Bringing your brand image to life while reinforce your online presence;
- Improving your SEO by generating traffic to your website on a regular basis.
From a marketing perspective , a blog should be a web extension of your communication strategies. It must always be accompanied by a content strategy on social networks through which you can reuse and share your content.
Finally, it is sometimes necessary to perform an SEO audit in order to build an effective content strategy. And last advice: practice what you preach. It seems obvious but can be taken for granted. This will help increase your authenticity and instill a sense of trust and loyalty in the minds of your audience.